You never expect that your permanent teeth will fall out. But it happens more often than you might think. Besides infection or tooth decay, you can also lose your teeth from an injury to your mouth or face.
So you lose an Adult tooth, what now? First off, if an adult tooth gets loose, you should see a dentist. Second, if you choose to ignore this and lose an adult tooth, you should immediately go to your nearest dentist. Third, if for some reason your tooth cannot be replaced, or you refrain from going to the dentist entirely at the time of the event, you should still go to see a dentist.
What Do I Do If My Tooth Fell Out?
When you lose an adult tooth, it doesn’t grow back like a baby tooth. It falls out, your gums heal, and that’s that. However, if a tooth falls out, there are a few steps you can take to better your chances of your dentist replacing it. All you have to do is act promptly and follow these simple steps.
- Hold your tooth by the crown: instead of picking it up by the root, make sure to hold it by the crown to avoid damaging it.
- Rinse your tooth with cool water: once you’ve picked your tooth, rinse it with cool water. You should avoid using soaps and don’t scrub your fallen tooth.
- Put your tooth back into the socket: after rinsing your tooth with cool water, gently push it back into the socket with your fingers. You can slowly bite on a piece of gauze to prevent it from moving.
- Keep it moist: if you can’t put your tooth back into the socket, you should keep your fallen tooth moist. Preserve your tooth by placing it in a cup of milk or water.
- Call your dentist: call your dentist right away. You must visit your dentist within 30 minutes of the injury to have any chance of saving your fallen tooth.
What problems can a lost tooth cause?
Permanent tooth loss can result in a myriad of consequences. Some being a reduced function, decay, and further loss of remaining teeth. A missing tooth can make it difficult to properly chew food and clean your teeth, resulting in further decay. It can also cause other teeth to come to lose and potentially fall out.
What Happens If My Tooth Can’t Be Saved?
As you know, every tooth in your mouth is valuable. If your dentist cannot save your fallen tooth, you will need to replace it. Luckily, several options exist to replicate your lost teeth, such as a dental implant, a traditional fixed bridge, and other restorative treatments. Talk to your dentist in Cypress, TX. They will evaluate your oral health and discuss your preferences to create a custom-made treatment place. This way, you can help restore your beautiful smile!
Call Your Dentist Right Away
Don’t let a missing tooth become your living nightmare. Let the Smile Artisans give you a reason to smile! Call The Smile Artisans today at (832) 220-6087 or come see us at 18121 Tuckerton Road, STE 140, Cypress, Texas 77433.