Relieve Chronic Jaw Pain for Good
Do you experience any of the following symptoms of a regular basis?
- Constant, distracting pain that’s located in and around the jaw, the ears, the neck, the shoulders, and the back
- Difficulty with fully opening and closing your mouth
- Jaw joints that constantly make noise and/or lock
If so, you may be a victim of TMJ disorder. Although it can have negative effects on your oral health, this health problem isn’t related to the teeth or gums; instead, it’s influenced by the temporomandibular joints, which have the all too important job of connecting your jaw to the skull and helping you speak and eat without worry. When strain or malfunction affects these small joints, it can throw the whole system off-balance and result in serious, even debilitating discomfort for the patient. At Smile Artisans, we’re very familiar with these symptoms, and we want to help you recover from the struggles that TMJ disorder can cause in your everyday life. You’re always welcome to contact us today here in Cypress and schedule your first consultation with Dr. Gutierrez.
How Do You Treat TMJ Disorder?
Our team will start by carefully inspecting your mouth and jaw and discussing with you any current symptoms you’re experiencing. Once we’ve determined that TMJ disorder is the likely culprit, we can start arranging the ideal method for correcting the problem with long-lasting improvement. Possible options include:
- Occlusal (Bite) Adjustment – If your unique case of TMJ disorder is being caused by a misaligned bite, adjustments may be needed to restore harmony to your smile. Dr. Gutierrez will carefully adjust certain teeth in order to create a more balanced and comfortable bite that doesn’t place undue stress on certain areas of the mouth.
- Occlusal Splint (Oral Appliance) – Occlusal splints are the most common form of TMJ therapy. They come in the form of a custom-made appliance that’s worn throughout the day and/or at night. There are several different types, with some designed to simply curb teeth grinding (a common cause of TMJ disorder) and others designed to reset the jaw’s resting position permanently over time.
TMJ Treatment. Thank you for visiting Smile Artisans online! We are dentist near me. Our talented dentists and friendly dental team are committed to providing you & your family dentist near me with the contemporary comprehensive dental care you need to reach healthy, beautiful smiles. Cosmetic Dentistry. TMJ Treatment.