Smiling to people comes naturally, and it is one of the few things that leave a lasting impression on another person. If the sight in the mirror after letting your teeth out makes you less confident, there is no need to live with the embarrassment. Multiple options in the dental world can help you get that picture-perfect smile; one such option is porcelain veneers. They are thin, delicate shells that are put on the front of your natural teeth to conceal imperfections. One frequently asked question is about their life; if you are also contemplating whether or not veneers are a permanent fix for life, this blog is the perfect piece of reading for you.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
We understand that they are an investment, and you have the right to know their lifespan. Veneers are permanent and manufactured to last a lifetime with proper care. However, their longevity generally is between 10-20 years, and you can never reverse this. If you lose a veneer by any chance, prompt replacement is a must.
Why Veneers Are Considered Permanent?
What makes this treatment irreversible? Your answer lies in the fact that teeth need to be prepared or shaved a bit to make room for them. This need to trim down natural enamel is why you must keep the treated tooth covered. Since your tooth lacks regeneration power, this process cannot be reversed. In case you lose one or more veneers, your remaining teeth will become weak and more prone to damage and decay.
Tips To Make Veneers Last Longer
Once you get the hold of your new permanent veneers, it ultimately becomes your duty to make them last for as long as possible. The good news is that no drastic adjustments are required to your daily routine; these steps can help you out.
- Schedule bi-annual Appointments: Regular checkups and cleanings with a dentist help keep your teeth and veneers at the top of their game. Moreover, it also helps to catch any disease early on.
- Adequate Oral Care Regime: Do not skip brushing and flossing twice a day with a non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled brush.
- Don a Mouth Guard: Always wear a mouthguard to protect your teeth from sudden impacts while playing sports or exercising.
- Don’t Use Teeth as Tools: Practice patience, and do not tear through a package with your teeth. Doing so will damage and wear out your veneers.
- Get Help for Bruxism: If you have the habit of involuntary teeth grinding, get effective treatment to save your veneers.
Are Veneers Worth The Investment?
As per our experts, Dr. Liza Shevchenko, a Diplomat of the American Board of Orthodontics, and her husband, Dr. Virgilio Gutierrez, an esteemed member of the German Society of Oral Implantology, careful consideration by weighing all pros and cons is a must to determine if they are the right fit for you.
Leave behind the life of low self-esteem due to gaps between your teeth, discoloration, or anything else. Permanent dental veneers are here to transform your smile for good. If you are planning to get them for yourself, contact oral care experts at The Smile Artisans for help. We are located at 18121 Tuckerton Road, Suite 140, Cypress, TX 77433. For an in-depth evaluation, call (832) 220-6087 to connect with us.